1) The Green Bay Packers will not make the playoffs. Brutal schedule, offensive line issues, a historically good NFC and a much improved Chicago Bears roster will all together ensure the Green Bay Packers finish 9-7 or 10-6 and not make the playoffs. This will pain me and frustrate me but will not deter me from watching as many Packers games as possible. Here’s hoping I am really wrong but Go Pack, Go.
2) The Bears and the Lions will make the playoffs – Football Outsiders metrics point out that the 2012 Lions were historically unlucky and due for an adjustment. The Bears have a smart offensive-minded coach who I think will finally get the most out of the phenomenal talent i.e. Jay Cutler. The Packers while deeper will struggle to go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division as they have the last two years.
3) The Philadelphia Eagles will be the most interesting team and also the best NFC East team – Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly Chip Kelly :). The football fan in me is thrilled to see a third new innovative and smart coach show up from the Pac-12 and try something different. The Packer fan in me is frustrated to see a third new innovative and smart coach show up in the friggin’ NFC. I think the Eagles win their division and make the playoffs.
4) From the vaunted QB class of 2012, Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III will be part of teams that don’t make the playoffs. Russel Wilson and Brandon Weeden will be.
5) Yes, I predict the Cleveland Browns to make the playoffs and also wagered some money on them winning their division when I made a trip two weeks ago to a state where betting is legal.
6) My predictions for division winners – Seattle, Philly, Detroit, Tampa Bay and Denver, New England, Cleveland, Houston. Wild cards – Chicago, San Francisco, Cincinnati and Buffalo.
7) The Tennessee Titans will finish the season as the worst team in the league and will fire their coach first. I wagered on them finishing under 6 wins.
8) The Dallas Cowboys will finish the season with under 8 wins.
9) The Minnesota Vikings will finish the season under 6 wins.
10) Eddie Lacy will rush for over 1000 yards. Golden Tate will catch over a 1000 yards.
Hold me accountable for these when the season ends :). Until then, football football football!